Wetting agents is a class of? chemical substance that increases the spreading and penetrating properties of a liquid by lowering its surface tension—that is, the tendency of its molecules to adhere to each other audemars piguet replica .
Mechanism of working of Wetting Agent:
A wetting agent is a surfactant, having both a Hydrophilic and a Hydrophobic part.
- The air that surrounds the solid particles in an agglomerate must be substituted by liquid.
- Wetting will take place when the surface tension of the liquid is low compared to the surface energy of the solid particles.
- ?Wetting will not occur when the surface tension of the liquid is too high.
- Wetting agent does its job because the molecules adsorb and orient on the liquid-air interface
Types of Wetting Agents:
There are four main types of wetting agents:
TRIOWET wetting agents are polymeric and surfactant-based products ?known for outstanding wetting of difficult to wet and disperse substances . TRIOWET ?are generally used for construction, paints & coatings, detergents, agricultural, pharmaceuticals industries.
Benefits of TRIOWET
- Improved wetting? of the system
- Low foaming wetting agent also remove pinholes and other surface defects